• Advertisement

HOW TO: Homebrew by Coopers

Let loose all your Dingo-ey goodness

Moderator: amsroks

Re: HOW TO: Homebrew by Coopers

Postby pimptastic » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:33 am

You are only guessing that it is Lactobacillus. If it is not you could get very sick.
User avatar
pimptastic
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: HOW TO: Homebrew by Coopers

Postby eoinzy » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:04 pm

I was told online that it was lactobacillus. I used that same photograph. I should probably ask again actually.

Have you ever kept a beer after you found mould? Surely if the taste is fine, then the beer is fine?
User avatar
eoinzy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2289
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:19 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: HOW TO: Homebrew by Coopers

Postby pimptastic » Mon May 02, 2011 10:45 am

No way would I even taste it. Most Molds produces toxins as a byproduct. Toxins make you sick as. Some bacteria/molds can produce sufficent toxins to kill you after 12 hours at favorable conditions. With brewing you are talking nearly a month. Not a gamble I would be willing to partake in.
User avatar
pimptastic
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: HOW TO: Homebrew by Coopers

Postby eoinzy » Tue May 03, 2011 12:43 am

But surely there's only bad toxins in it if the taste is rotten?? when I bottled it, the mould was only on the surface, so when the mould got down to the tap, I just dumped it.

I had a bottle of it last night and it tasted OK. A few others tasted it last night too and they thought it was decent enough. Nobodys showing any signs of food poisoning this morning anyway! ;)
User avatar
eoinzy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2289
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:19 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: HOW TO: Homebrew by Coopers

Postby pimptastic » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:05 pm

User avatar
pimptastic
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:56 pm

Previous

Return to DingoChat

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest