• Advertisement

Boyzone ditched by Louis

Come discuss all the latest hip hop happenings, pop princesses, mix master superstar DJs and rock and roll legends!

Moderator: amsroks

Boyzone ditched by Louis

Postby amsroks » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:54 pm

Boyzone have reportedly been ditched by manager Louis Walsh and advised to split up.

Low ticket sales for their latest tour and Ronan Keating's affair with a dancer were blamed for the move, the News of the World reports.

"Louis has told Boyzone they're finished. Ronan doesn't want to accept it but without Louis they have no chance," a source said.
‎"The affair changed everything for many fans. It destroyed the family-friendly image that made the band popular.

"They kept a diehard fanbase but the 'Brother' tour earlier this year wasn't a big success. Louis didn't bother seeing a single show. [They] just couldn't compete with the Take That comeback and lots of tickets weren't sold. So Louis decided it was the right time for the band to finish."

However, a close friend of Keating's insisted that Boyzone will stay together, saying: "Despite what Louis might say, in the end he had very little to do with Boyzone - and the last tour was actually a success."
amsroks

Re: Boyzone ditched by Louis

Postby dingo » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:30 pm

Im just surprised they're still going. They were never great. Goes to show what an ego can make you think! :p
dingo
Site Admin

Postby amsroks » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:43 pm

I think they don't work anymore because Westlife fill the Boyzone void and even though I detest Westlife, they are kinda better!!
amsroks

Postby eoinzy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:42 am

u reckon? I always thought Westlife had the catchier songs....plus none of them go around beating up passers-by with cricket bats!! :p
eoinzy
Site Admin

Postby kegan5 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:08 am

Louis has a point, it'd take a lot to get them up to where Take That are now...

As for WL, I took a friend to see them on their last tour... if it wasn't for the free bags of chocolate buttons I was given I'd have fallen asleep... shame really.
kegan5

Postby Biggins » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:31 am

Time moves on and boy bands can;'t last for ever.
Louis Walsh was right to let them go. Its time to move on lads!
Biggins

Postby eoinzy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:19 am

I got fraped recently, and as a resuly, have almost daily updates from the boyzone page. It seems they've still got a lot of fans and people willing to decalre their undying love for them. I suppose if they can make a stack of cash off them buying concert tickets, they may as well!
eoinzy
Site Admin

Postby amsroks » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:37 am

ya no most guys would unlike that page...you must secretly love them!!! Your fraper obviously knew that too!!
amsroks

Postby eoinzy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:20 pm

Well I got rid of the obvious ones, like the make-up shops and lingerie stuff, but every once in a while an update pops up that I've no clue where it came from. After I while I got used to it and just stopped unliking them, hence the Boyzone "like". I'm sure theres more in there somewhere but i dont know how to check my "likes"!
eoinzy
Site Admin

Return to Music